Thursday, September 20th
4 PM - 8PM
San Carlos Farmer's Market
700 Block of Laurel Street, Downtown San Carlos
Click here for more information.
Click here for the event flyer.
August 7th marked the 100 year anniversary of the first paving of the California State Highway System, which happened on El Camino Real in San Bruno. Two community events were held to celebrate this historic occasion. The Grand Boulevard Initiative hosted a booth at the San Bruno Farmer’s Market on August 5th to kick off the festivities. A formal celebration was held on August 7th, with dignitaries commemorating the history and future of the El Camino Real Corridor, a historic re-enactment of the 1912 shovel turning, and a historic car procession with over 70 automobiles, ranging from 1906 to 2012.
Check out these news articles and fun photos:
Leaders Celebrate 100th Anniversary of El Camino Real in Old-Time Style
‘Hometown Highway’ Turns 100
Construction of El Camino Real Began 100 Years Ago Today
This video is of the entire event. Sit back, relax, and be inspired.
Op Ed: A New Vision for El Camino Real
- El Camino Real 100 Year Anniversary Events
- Daly City - Walk the Talk Breakfast Forum
- Michael Freedman at the Grand Boulevard Walk the Talk Forum in Mountain View
- An Evening with Gil Peñalosa
- Affordable Housing Week Bus & Site Tour
- Michael Freedman will speak at the GBI Walk the Talk Forum on April 30th
- The Grand Boulevard is the recipient of an ABAG Growing Smarter Together Award!
Page 3 of 7
- What's New
- Activity Along the Corridor
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Friends of the Grand Boulevard