Update: the application deadline has been extended to 5pm, Wednesday, October 12th, 2011.
The San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans) is now accepting applications for participation in the Grand Boulevard Initiativeâ€™s Economic and Housing Opportunities (ECHO) Assessment - Phase II.
The ECHO Phase II Case Studies build upon ECHO Phase I (completed in December 2010) and are part of the Grand Boulevard Initiativeâ€™s â€śRemoving Barriers to Sustainable Communitiesâ€ť project funded by a Department of Transportation (DOT) TIGER II Planning grant and local support. The ECHO Phase II Case Studies will address development scenarios and potential barriers, assess urban design strategies to achieve revitalization and redevelopment, and analyze multimodal access and circulation. The intent of the ECHO Phase II Case Studies is to create a common basis for understanding the effects of corridor-wide development patterns and streetscape enhancements and to develop corridor guidance for cities that address the â€śhow toâ€ť of implementation.
Applications are due no later than 5pm, Wednesday, October 12th, 2011.
A summary of this article is also available at: http://www.planetizen.com/node/50812
- South San Francisco seeks to revitalize southern El Camino Real
- Speedy bus service planned for El Camino
- Release of Caltrans Proposed Highway Design Manual Changes
- GBI Reading File - 1st Quarter, 2011
- Committee for Green Foothills Article on the GBI
- Complete Streets Call for Projects Released
- Daly City Top of the Hill Improvements Are Moving Forward
Page 4 of 6
- What's New
- Activity Along the Corridor
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Friends of the Grand Boulevard